lego or duplo bricks
half an hour or so
What you do:
1. Tip out bricks onto the floor.
2. Spread out letter cards.
3. Choose a letter card and think of an animal beginning with that sound.
4. Make the animal out of bricks.
5. Leave small child to carry out the activity independently, choosing whatever sounds they like.
6. When small child gets bored, carry on activity yourself.
7. When you get stuck on an over-ambitious animal design, call on the SuperLegoMakerMan to fix it.
8. When you and small child are both bored, leave SuperLegoMakerMan for a few hours to carry on building in their own little world.